Central Bank Digital Currencies Research
Aim & Objectives
CBDCs have the potential to revolutionize the way we interact with money, but there are also several challenges that need to be addressed before they can be widely adopted. Research can play a key role in identifying and addressing these challenges and helping to shape the future of CBDCs.
- Our research will assess the potential impact of CBDCs on the financial system, including their effect on monetary policy, financial stability, and financial inclusion.
- Our Project research will develop innovative CBDC designs that explore various features, such as programmable money, privacy-preserving technologies, and offline functionality.
- The research will also explore regulatory and legal challenges associated with CBDCs, including AML/CFT compliance, data protection, and intellectual property rights.
- The research will also help identify and promote opportunities for innovation and competition in the CBDC space, which could lead to the development of new and innovative products and services.
Rigorous and comprehensive research will ensure that CBDCs are designed, implemented, and used to benefit the global economy and promote financial inclusion.
CBDC Designs and Operating Models
The design and operating model of a CBDC will be critical factors in determining its success or failure. The design and operating model of a CBDC will need to balance the potential benefits with the risks and challenges carefully. Central banks and private sector will need to work together to develop a CBDC that is well-designed, secure that meets the public’s needs.
Inclusive CBDC design and operating model which may enable financial inclusion, instant accountant settlement, and resilience.
- Enhanced efficiency and speed of payments-based CBDCs to enable instant and secure payments could reduce the cost and time associated with traditional payment methods.
- Financial inclusion: CBDCs could make it easier and cheaper for people to access and use financial services, which could promote financial inclusion.
- Greater resilience of the financial system: CBDCs financial system resilience.